Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion: Communion of the Sick
Job Title: Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion: Communion of the Sick
Ministry Category: Liturgy
Reports to: Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion Coordinator (Sue Hudson)
Type of Position: Volunteer
- Member of St. Jude the Apostle parish
- Fully initiated Catholic in good standing
- Approved by the Bishop of Erie
- 3 years as set by the Diocese of Erie, renewable
- Attend an initial training session provided by the parish.
- Attend annual workshop provided by the parish.
- Drive your own car to visit parishioner’s homes.
- You feel comfortable being in the presence of the people in various stages of illness.
- Take Communion to those who are homebound, in hospitals, or nursing homes and be the parish representative to those visited.
- Use the rite “Communion in Ordinary Circumstances” or “Communion in a Hospital or Institution” for the prayers for distribution of Communion.
- Follow the appropriate norms for distribution of Communion of the Sick as specified in the St. Jude procedures, General Instruction of the Roman Missal, and other approved church documents.
- Report any problems to the ministry coordinator or the parish office.